Google Now Launcher, launched with the Nexus 5 last year, is now available in the Play Store as a free download. Google Now launcher brings Nexus 5’s useful Google Now home screen features. The launcher is available for Nexus or Google Play edition devices running Android 4.4 KitKat. Google Now launcher was till now available for Nexus 5 only. Once the launcher is installed, you can access Google Now by swiping to right and view your weather, sports scores, traffic and reminder cards. While saying “OK Google” will let you use Voice Search without even touching your device. The launcher brings new wallpapers and transparency to app drawer and status bar.
Google Now launcher Key features:
• Google Now on your home screen – its easier than ever to get just the right information at just the right time.
• Just say “OK Google” – when you’re on your home screen, just say OK Google to trigger voice input. Then say your search query. Or tell your phone what to do, like send a text message, get directions or play a song (available in the US, UK and Canada).
• Faster search – tap the search box and you can enter your query immediately.
• Easy access to your favourite Google products and services, like Gmail, YouTube and Maps.
• Larger viewing area – the status and navigation bars are now translucent, so your wallpaper pops from every pixel, and is even visible when you expand your apps drawer (when supported by device).
• Intuitive wallpaper picker – select any image that’s stored on your device or in the cloud. Position and preview your wallpaper before you set it.
The Google Now Launcher is 12MB in size. You can download the Google Now Launcher on your Nexus 4,7 or Google Play Edition device from here.