Starting today, Office Mobile for Android is being made completely free. Earlier with the office mobile app one could only view Office documents. One needed Office 365 subscription for editing the Office documents. The subscription costs $10/month. You can now view as well as edit Word documents, Excel spreadsheet or PowerPoint presentations for free.
Office Mobile Key Features :
Access documents from virtually anywhere:
• Cloud – With your phone, you can access Office documents that are stored on OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, or SharePoint.
• Recent Documents – Office Mobile is cloud-connected. The documents you’ve recently viewed on your computer are readily available on your phone in the recent documents panel.
• Email Attachments – You can view and edit Office documents attached to email messages.
Office documents look stunning:
• Great-Looking Documents – Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents look great on your phone, thanks to support for charts, animations, SmartArt Graphics, and shapes.
• Optimized for phone – Word, Excel and PowerPoint have been optimized for the small screen of your phone.
• Resume Reading – When opening a Word document from OneDrive or OneDrive for Business on your phone, it automatically resumes at the place where you left off reading, even if you last viewed the document on your PC or tablet.
• Presentation Views – The Slide Navigator view in PowerPoint lets you browse slides faster, while speaker notes help you practice your presentation.
Office Mobile app is 27MB in size and requires Android 4.0 and up. Office Mobile is compatible with mobile phones only. The app is not currently available for Android tablets. You just need to login with your Microsoft account or create one. You can download Office Mobile for Android for free from Google Play Store.